Power House is an all male residential extended care facility for chemical dependency.
Founded in 1982, our style of programming uniquely combines 12 Step based clinical approaches, fun in recovery and service within the community for young men ages 17 and up. The ideal Power House client is a young man who has completed primary treatment and is ready to gradually re-enter society to a life in recovery. The program is divided into three phases. Our staff consists of Licensed Clinical Social Workers, Master Level Social Workers, and Licensed Addiction Counselors. We are located in Gonzales, LA right outside of Baton Rouge.
- Applicants must be at least 17 years old, and employable.
- Participation in a primary treatment program.
- Referral from a Chemical Dependency Counselor, Doctor or Clinician.
- Alcohol and drug free at time of admission (with exception to prescribed medication).
- Complete phone interview with Power House staff.
- Agreement to abide by all rules and expectations.
- Motivated to change and willing to actively participate in his own recovery.